- Director General, National Central Library
- Director, Center for Chinese Studies
- President, Library Association of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Professor, Graduate Institute of Library, Information and Archive Studies, National Chengchi University
- Professor, Graduate Institute of Library and Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University
- Ph.D. of the Department and Graduate Institute of Library and Information Science, National Taiwan University
- Professor of the Department of Library and Information Science, Fujen Catholic University.
- Director-general of Taipei Public Library
- Senior Executive Officer of the National Assembly Secretariat
- 2006-2009 Permanent member of the Library Association of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- 2006-2009 Permanent member of the Interlibrary Cooperation Association (ILCA)
- 2006-2008 Permanent member of Taiwan Reading Association
- 2005-2006, 2011-2012 Secretary-general of Taiwan Reading Association
- 2006-2008 Director general of Taiwan Reading Association
- 2006-2009 Member of International Development in Asia Committee, IRA
Honors and Grants
- 2013 “Fifth Government Service Quality Award” of Executive Yuan
- 2013 “Government Service Quality Award” of Ministry of Education
- 2012 "Digitized Government Outstanding I.T. Applications/Products Award" of Information Month for E-Publication Platform System (EPS)
- 2012 "The Social Education Public Service Award" of Ministry of Education
- 2009 “First Government Service Quality Award” of Executive Yuan
- 2008 “Government Service Quality Award” of Taipei City Government
- 2008 Taipei City Award of Excellent on Equality of Education and Work for both sexes
- 2008 Municipal City Creative Award for establishing the First Multi-cultural Information Center
- 2008 Municipal City Creative Award for the combination of library card and easy card
- 1999 “Fourth Annual Important Contribution to National Infrastructure by Government Employee Award” of Sun Yun-suan Foundation
- 92 periodicals from 1980-2013 on modernization of public libraries, patronage of “intelligent library”, green library design and operation, promoting reading interest, openness and service to minorities and other related topics.
- 9 research Papers from 2003-2012 in collaboration with others on Green library design and evaluation, digitization of public libraries, promotion of reading interest and related topics.
- 11 official business trip reports from 1991-2012.
- 5 titles from 1990-2009 on Public and Children’s Library, their management and related topics.